Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22 - Welcome



Step 1:  Watch the tutorial I've provided.  Note: There are numerous tutorials available regarding how to set up a blog on Blogger. If this one isn't as informative as you'd like, choose another.  If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me. In fact, there are numerous sites that help a person build a blog. I chose this one because it's free and easy.

Step 2: Create a blog using the instructions provided in the tutorial.  As you can see in the video, it literally takes about 5 minutes. You're welcome to keep it simple or jazz it up.  For class purposes, we're mainly going to rely on the blog to post writing I'd like you to share with classmates, so there really isn't a need for "bells and whistles," unless you decide to do so and unless you are technologically sound.

Note: In creating the blog, be sure to write down (and keep in a safe place) your blog address and password information.

Step 3: Create blog post #1: In at least 100 words, introduce yourself to your classmates.  In class, I'll ask you to brainstorm the sort of content you should address.

Step 4: Once you've published your first post, write me a quick e-mail, giving me your blog name and your web address.  As these come in, I'll link them to the class blog.

Step 5:  Check the classroom blog for a list of your classmates' blogs. You can find the class blog at this address:  http://erman.blogspot.com The list will appear on the right-hand side. Respond to at least one classmate's post.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, myu name is Taylor Hyde. I am 23 years old and recently decided to grow up and get to school. i was the manager of Papa Murphy's for over a year and stepped down at the beginning of fall semester to persue my education. I spend most of my spair time hanging out with friends, watching movies or going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete